As we age, our brow lines can begin to droop and sag, lowering your self confidence. A brow lift, also called forehead lift, can restore your self-confidence providing you with a wrinkle free, refreshed, youthful appearance. Located in Denver, Dr. Thomas A. Narsete has become the go to plastic surgeon for brow lift surgery.
What is Brow Lift Surgery?
As we age our faces change from the top to the bottom. Our eyebrows are often the first structure to sag. A brow lift changes the position of your brows into a more natural location, And rejuvenates the entire upper third of your face. You can combine a facelift with a browlift at the same time.
A brow lift surgery is performed to smooth out the wrinkles and fine lines present on the forehead. It is also used for candidates who have a sagging forehead or brows too close to the eyes. In addition to wrinkles, a brow lift can also correct frown lines, giving you a softer, more youthful look. You may also consider a brow lift surgery if you have sagging brows or have deep vertical creases between the eyebrows.
Who is a good candidate for a Brow Lift
A brow lift, or forehead lift, usually are performed on candidates between the ages of 40 and 60 years old, but can be considered for people of all ages. You may be a good candidate if you have:
- Frown lines and forehead wrinkles
- Bunched or furrowed skin over your nose
- Sagging brows above your upper eyelid
- Low-hanging eyebrows
- Eyebrow abnormality, including asymmetrical eyebrows
Brow Lifts or Forehead lifts are often performed in conjunction with a facelift and other procedures, including eyelid surgery or blepharoplasty. A forehead lift sometimes presents a more desirable option rather than undergoing eyelid surgery. A free consultation is highly recommended if you are considering a brow lift (forehead lift).
Before your Brow Lift
You will start with a professional consultation with Denver facial plastic surgeon Dr. Thomas Narsete. His consults are a courtesy, and you will love the experience. He will go through a thorough exam and review your photos and explain all the options with you. At the end of the consult, you will know exactly which procedure works for you.
Types of Anesthesia
Dr. Narsete will discuss the type of anesthesia used for this procedure during your consultation and will depend on factors, such as your medical status and your comfort level. A local anesthesia may be used, which will numb the area but leave you awake during the procedure. A general anesthesia may also be considered, which would allow you to sleep comfortably throughout the surgery.
The Brow Lift Procedure
During your consultation, Dr. Narsete will discuss which method of brow lift surgery is right for you. The following descriptions will give you a better idea of what you can expect from each procedure.
- Classic Forehead Lift or Coronal Lift: Most patients choose a procedure where the entire forehead is lifted with a more permanent result. This can be done with a coronal brow lift approach. The advantage is that your frown muscles can be removed at the same time. In this procedure, an incision will be made at ear level and extend around the top of the forehead along the hairline toward the other ear. Scarring is very minimal as the incision is hidden by the hairline making the scar nearly invisible to the naked eye. With the incision, the forehead skin will be lifted. Excess skin will be removed, allowing your eyebrows to also be potentially lifted. What Dr. Narsete can provide is a more natural look and have your eyebrows position like a portrait drawing. The result is a younger, smoother look that will bring a more relaxed and refreshed appearance to your face.
- Minilift: For some patients, a modest improvement can be made through an upper eyelid surgery incision, or at the eyebrow hair line. The scars are easy to hide, and your brow can be suspended into a natural position. Once these incisions are healed, scarring will be minimal if any, and you will enjoy a more youthful, smooth appearance along your brow.
What is the cost of a Brow Lift?
A brow lift is considered to be elective, so most insurance providers will not cover the costs. To help make brow lift surgery affordable and accessible for everyone, Dr. Narete offers financing options which can be discussed during your consultation. For your convenience, Dr. Narsete accepts cash and all major credit cards. Financing options via LendingUSA is also available.