Mommy Makeover: any combination of cosmetic procedures that restore your before-pregnancy appearance, typically focusing on the breasts and abdomen. A typical makeover might include a tummy tuck, a breast procedure such as an augmentation, lift or reduction and liposuction of the legs, arms or trunk.
“I dreamt of having children my whole life.”
If you grew up playing “mommy”, you weren’t alone. Having children and building a family goes back to before men could speak. Hey, that’s how we got here. So, you get married (or today, maybe not) and plan (or not- “surprise”!) Your husband was beyond excited he was going to be a dad. And your parents becoming grandparents? Over the moon. The world seems happy for you. You glow enough to warrant your well-wishers wearing shades. Your dreams all follow the perfection pathway—an easy pregnancy, reasonable weight gain, easy birth and 10 amazing little fingers, 10 wiggly little toes. Oh, and happily ever after.
“I got so big, my breasts were huge.”
It’s funny, you’ve seen pregnant women all around you. Celebs walk the runway showing off their growing breasts and baby bumps. They all look beautiful. Enviable. They never get morning sickness. It’s not in their script, you’re sure. But let’s talk about you. Besides just eating for two, you get to shop for two. O.K., that’s cool. But as your pregnancy progresses, you just start to feel heavy and often uncomfortable—a real slug. As your stomach expands, your ankles swell. Food cravings rule you (it’s true, don’t ask). Your stomach grows (and grows more than you thought possible, and as it does, it can get to a point where even expands-o-pants dig in. “How much have you gained”? people ask? In addition to your bigtime growing belly, your breasts go through a lot of changes in preparation for nursing. Your breasts may feel itchy as the skin stretches, and you may even develop stretch marks on them. You may be able to see veins under the skin of your breasts, and you may find that your nipples are getting bigger and darker. After the first few months, your areolas – the pigmented circles around your nipples – will also be bigger and darker. An increase in blood volume makes breast tissue swell–possibly by as much as two cup sizes larger in preparation for nursing. If it’s your first child, it can be somewhat of a shock. If it’s not, you know what you’re in for. Oh, well, pregnancy is such a gift, and nursing forms such a bond.
“Is this my body?”
You’ve stopped nursing and suddenly you’re looking at someone else’s body in the mirror. You can have sagging breasts, uneven breasts, decreased breast volume, drooping nipples and stretched areolas (the dark skin surrounding the nipple). You blink, open your eyes, and yikes, it’s still all there. Or, in other cases, your breasts can become so much larger after childbirth that they are out of proportion with the rest of your body and they cause back pain.
Then there’s the flabby abs. Yikes! Your tummy has loose skin and stretch marks and your waistline has become thick and undefined. It can come as a shock that something so loving and beautiful as having a child, can take such a toll. And even if you manage to find the time to diet and exercise, those “last pounds” just won’t come off. How many time have you heard that one? It’s not just a matter of “letting yourself go”. The sight of all this can shock even the slimmest, most self-assured woman. Worst of all, much of it can be permanent and can only be changed by surgery.
“I need a makeover.”
Time to take care of you.
You want your pre-pregnancy body back.
Flat as a board? Flat out unacceptable.
Nipples pointing down?
What’s the point of staying down with that?
You’re young. Whether you’re 25 or 40. Why not look and feel young? When you’re dressed, no one sees it. But you know it’s there. And the thought of being attractive to your husband is beyond comprehension. What must he think?
To describe the desire for mothers to look and feel the way they did before having families, the term “Mommy Makeover” was born. A Mommy Makeover can restore confidence in your physical appearance. It can give you renewed sense of self. You can love your children and still think about yourself and how you feel as a woman and not just a mother. In addition to being a body changer, a Mommy Makeover can be an attitude changer. Who wouldn’t want t
“How in the world are you going to do this?”
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons has revealed that as many as 62-percent of mothers seek plastic surgery to get their pre-baby figures back. There are multiple procedures to correct multiple issues. Every woman is different. The procedures listed below, can be done over time or all at once. It depends what your goals are when consulting with your surgeon.
- Tummy Tuck – A Tummy Tuck removes loose, excess skin and fat, especially in the lower abdomen below the belly button. It can also remove stretch marks. If you’ve had a C-section, you’ll probably have unsightly fat hanging over your surgical scar.
- Breast Lift – A breast lift elevates and reshapes deflated, sagging and uneven breasts, decreased breast volume, drooping nipples, and stretched areolas. It can tighten the breast skin and reposition the breast tissue to improve nipple position. (Back to round, contoured and even perky. Yeah!) Women who desire larger, smaller, or more rounded breasts may want to consider a breast augmentation or breast reduction along with the breast lift. Again, discussing the options with your surgeon will help you decide what is right for you.
- Breast Augmentation – While some women can gain as much as two cup sizes during pregnancy, others can lose as much after. By restoring volume, the use of implants can safely correct dramatically different sizes existing between the two breasts. And you get to choose the size you’d like them to be.
- Breast Reduction – Some mothers experience tremendous breast growth with pregnancy or weight gain. Growth that doesn’t lessen even after nursing. For these women, breast reduction is an option. In this procedure, your doctor will remove breast tissue and skin, making the breasts smaller, lighter, and more firm. For patients with large, sagging breasts, breast reduction provides a tremendous improvement in shape and nipple position, much like a breast lift.
- Liposuction – Sometimes, it is just not the tummy or breasts that have changed. The stubborn, leftover pounds can settle anywhere. And when you combine them with any of the above issues, Liposuction is a way to treat problem spots that store disproportionate amounts of fat, such as the love handles, thighs or back. Why not get the shape you want all over?
“Tell me it’s true.”
In many, many cases, some women regrettably end up with problems in all these others. For others, there are just a few areas they want to see changed. What all these procedures can do is give you back the body you had before you got pregnant. While it might not have been perfect, it was perfect for you, definitely more attractive and youthful. Consider these options gain; A Tummy Tuck gives you a flatter, tighter stomach. The Breast procedures return a rounder, contoured and shapelier look and lift. Liposuction can help you get rid of that resistant fat that often remains after having a child.
With all this, a Mommy Makeover isn’t just a series of surgeries. It is something that reshapes your attitude, self-esteem and confidence. You could actually end up with a body that is better looking than you had before. Yes, absolutely possible. No more avoiding mirrors. Or bathing suits or especially your birthday suit. Your sex life will also be renewed with a body worth showing off. Look into it now. With the right surgeon, the results all remarkable. It’s true. Absolutely, posively.
“There’s only one doctor I trust to do it all.”
And fortunate for me, he’s in the Denver area . . . Dr. Thomas A. Narsete MD.
Dr. Narsete is a board-certified plastic surgeon, (crucial in any search you might do) of those very few Denver plastic surgeons who have performed hundreds of Mommy Makeovers and achieved the desired results every single time. He has a long, successful, beautiful and safe track record, the world over. His skill and expertise is unparalled; his techniques and technology the most advanced in the field. But it goes beyond that. Any surgery can make someone nervous, but Dr. Narsete makes you comfortable from the minute you meet. He cares deeply about each patient and what their goals and yes, even dreams are. He listens closely and encourages you to ask any questions, spending whatever time is necessary to make your Mommy Makeover experience the best it can be. He explains all your options in detail, creating a totally customized plan for you, personalizing all his techniques. And personally, isn’t that what you want?
Make an appointment now. Your time is here. Your makeover is waiting, mom.